Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day

I hope that everyone had an enjoyable three day weekend, I know that I certainly did. It was a nice mixture of relaxation and work.

Tomorrow marks the 9-week point until the election. I do not want to say that I am looking forward to it being over, but to be honest, there is so much good that is about to happen in Troy, I would really hate to see anything deter any of it in the slightest. They call this time of year the "silly season" for a reason.


We have received a few e-mails in the last few days asking about lawn signs. I certainly do appreciate the support. We have yet to put the signs out in abundance so that we can keep it as close to the election as possible. Of course, my father, Naz, is another story. To say he is persistent in the support of my campaign would be quite the understatement. If anyone is interested in helping out in the campaign, we sure would love the help. Just drop us an e-mail at info@harry4troy.com


On Friday evening, the official campaign murals were unveiled at my headquarters at 20 4th Street. Completed by a group of locals artists, including Cindy Alexander, Dana Rudolph, and Rhonda Jeffer, I must say, they turned out very well. Some pictures below. Please feel free to stop by and take a look.



Many thanks to the women for volunteering their wonderful talents on such a unique project. We have an amazing group of talented people here when it comes to the arts, and we must capitalize on that now and in the future. Unfortunately, I think that because I have an "R" next to my name I can sometimes be branded as not friendly to these groups. If anyone were to take the time and look at the track record of the past four years, they will see my administration has done everything in our power to advance the arts movement in Troy. It is something I am very proud of.

Nine weeks to go, hang in there.

Harry