Monday, September 17, 2007

Growth!

I am going to keep it short and sweet tonight, at least in theory. Look for a big update on the Hoosick Street Development tomorrow night. We have a press conference at 9:30 a.m., though we will be making the rounds on the early Capital News 9 Morning show at 7:30 a.m.

This evening, I just want to pass along some exciting news. If you get a chance to pick up this week's Business Review, keep an eye out for two things. The first is another story on the City Hall relocation.

The other is a part of the weekly "List" section. This week's List deals with the fastest growing municipalities in the Capital Region, and I am proud to say that the City of Troy is on there. Based on 2006 construction numbers, the City of Troy is the 11th fastest growing municipality in the entire area.

More impressive is that we are the second place City on the list following Saratoga Springs. The remainder of the top ten municipalities are all towns in suburban areas.

While I was pleased to make the list this year, I can say that in two years I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that we will be in the top five, if not higher. Things are happening here, and as I've said a bunch of times this year, we have heard it all before in Troy, the time has come for each person to begin to see it all.

An exciting day tomorrow, check back here for all the details.

Harry