Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Say It With Me... Chowdah!

I don't want to jinx it now, but after taking a peek at the early forecast for this weekend, the City of Troy could be in for a real treat.
The inaugural ChowderFest is set to take place this coming Saturday, and I heard the forecaster say a while ago that Saturday is looking unseasonably autumnal. I don't think there are two more words that go better with a summer Chowderfest than "unseasonably autumnal."
The fun gets underway at 10 a.m. this Saturday along River Street just south of the Farmer's Market. The street will be shut down beginning at 8 a.m. for set-up, and there will truly be fun for the whole family.
Combined with the Farmer's Market, and the expected beautiful day, it should be a wonderful opportunity to see what we're all about.
More than two dozen restaurants are expected to participate, there will be music, entertainment, and even adult beverages. All should fit in perfectly.
Even though I discussed how relaxing a day at the races can be yesterday, I'm telling you to forget it all, and come downtown this Saturday. You will not be disappointed.
Just be sure NOT to ask me who I think has the best chowder. Remember, my wife is in the contest, and I must be very, very careful.
Thanks for all of the e-mails, I do appreciate the wonderful comments from everyone, and even the criticism. Keep 'em coming at info@harry4troy.com
Harry